The Scott Hamilton Drinking Game
(Another gem submitted by Trudi Marrapodi....)
You know the ground rules. Belly up to the bar and name your
poison. Turn the boob tube to CBS skating coverage (or pop in a
tape), pick a skater in the event, and drink according to these
- Whenever Scott praises "your" skater effusively after mentioning
even the slightest criticism, take a sip.
- If you chose Oksana Baiul, take a sip every time Scott talks
about how incomparable she is to every other skater.
Everyone has to drink every time Scott utters the following phrases
(on old tapes or new broadcasts):
- "And she/he NAILS it!"
- "The only mark that beats a 5.9 is a 6.0."
- "What they do, they do very, very well."
- "That's his/her money jump."
- "He/she *just* couldn't hang onto the landing."
- "I know she/he wants that jump back."
- "He/she's gotta be happy with that program."
- "Five or six major flaws, but otherwise an excellent, *excellent*
program in anyone's book."
- "Ask any skater what's the hardest jump in skating, and they'll
tell you--it's the one right after a fall."
- "Skates only like to go in two directions: forwards and backwards.
They don't like to go sideways."
- "Anytime Brian Boitano skates, the judges feel safe putting him in
- "They have so many wonderful qualities."
And, when Scott says...
EVERYBODY HAS TO CHUG!
- "Anything less than a 6.0 is too low a mark to give Oksana
© 1994-2010 SkateWeb|